Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday = Running Club

Today will be the third week in a row that I've been a part of this running club in Northern VA. Around 100 or so people meet up and run 3-4 miles, then end at a bar for happy hour. I usually just have one beer and then roll out. Mike, Kim and Kim's friend Tonja convinced me to do it. It helps because I can crash at Mike and Kim's and not kill myself on the commute.

Mike was nice enough to go in to work early so that he can get home by the time I get out of work. The reason he did that is because if I move my shift later - my morning commute becomes a nightmare. It was already starting to get backed up this morning on the way in at 6am. I definitely appreciate him doing that for me.

We are also going to start up the Harry Potter movies. My sister has all of them so far (first 6), so she lent them to me. I've seen the first two, but Mike and Kim haven't. Since my commute is so long, I've been listening to audio books and the Harry Potter series is riveting. The guy who narrates (Jim Dale) has won awards for his reading. I've listened to a few other books like The Firm by John Grisham. The narration was dull and the narrator used practically the same voice for everyone. Jim Dale uses a different voice for every single speaking character (250+). So that just adds to how great the books already are. I've finished the first 3 and started the 4th of 7 this morning. The 4th book (Goblet of Fire) is 17 CD's, so that might take a while.

Still kind of blah about the whole Alexis thing from last week. I am excited at the idea of meeting someone new, I just hope that person changes my life for the better like she did. I hope that that individual makes me a happier person like she did. I have no idea what to expect. I do know that I am not forcing anything and I am not pressing myself and worrying about the future. Whatever happens, happens. I'm not sitting here worried to death that I'll never meet someone else. That is basically the last thought on my head. Today will be fun, that's what I am focusing on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment